You see a text from your loved one, quickly grab the phone and try to type a reply. Bang! “Unfortunately, Samsung Keyboard has stopped”. Your phone denies to even get you the keyboard. How annoying is that!
Do you want an escape from this irksome message? Just sit back and go through this entire article. We have got seven solutions to fix the issue. No matter one doesn’t strike the chord, you can move on to the next one.
- 1 How to Fix Samsung Keyboard Keeps Stopping Problem like a Cakewalk on Galaxy device?
- 1.1 Solution 1: Force Stop the Keyboard Application
- 1.2 Solution 2: Update Keyboard and the Firmware
- 1.3 Solution 3: Clear Data and Cache
- 1.4 Solution 4: Reset Keyboard Settings
- 1.5 Solution 5: Disable Dictionary Provider
- 1.6 Solution 6: Reboot Your Device into Safe Mode
- 1.7 Solution 7: Break up with Samsung Keyboard
- 1.8 Bonus Solution: Factory Reset for Samsung Keyboard has stopped problem
- 1.9 Wrapping Up
How to Fix Samsung Keyboard Keeps Stopping Problem like a Cakewalk on Galaxy device?
If you want to solve the keyboard stopped issue, don’t skim the article. Take action right from the first solution. It won’t take more than five minutes.
Solution 1: Force Stop the Keyboard Application
- Open Settings and scroll down to see Apps.
- You will get the list of installed applications here. Tap on the three dots on top-right corner and tick Show system apps. In case you ignore this step, you will not see Samsung Keyboard in the list.
- Scrolling down a bit will get you to it. Open it up. All you have to do is tapping Force Stop button.
There you go! Now return to any application (WhatsApp, Messenger or anything) and tap on a text box. Most probably, you can’t see the error message popping up this time.
Solution 2: Update Keyboard and the Firmware
Getting access to an internet connection with decent speed isn’t a tough row to hoe these days. Still, many choose not to update the applications.
You can follow the steps given below to update the keyboard.
- Open Play Store and tap the three-stripes on the top-left corner.
- You will see a few options here. What we want is My apps & games.
- Google Play will show you a list of installed applications on the next window. On top, you can see everything with an update available.
- Look out for Samsung Keyboard. If you see it there, don’t hesitate to click Update.
The other area many people overlook is the firmware updates. It is pivotal to keep security risks at bay. How to update the firmware?
- Open Settings and choose System Updates.
- In accordance with the internet speed, the device finishes checking for updates and shows if something is available. You can keep on downloading it. After the completion, you will have to install the update.
N.B.- Your phone may restart once or may even restart twice amidst the installation process. It’s usual, don’t panic.
Solution 3: Clear Data and Cache
- Open Settings and go to Apps.
- On the top-right corner, you can see three dots. Tap on it and tick Show system apps.
- Scroll down a bit to select Samsung Keyboard.
- From the list of options you have here, opt for Storage.
- The next window will get you both Clear Data and Clear Cache. The device may ask you to confirm your selection of clearing cache. Do that and see if it works.
Although this method has been proven to eliminate the issue, you will lose all your saved words and phrases. In case you don’t want that to happen, you can try the following solution.
Solution 4: Reset Keyboard Settings
- Open Settings and opt for General management. You may have to scroll down a little to spot it.
- Language and input is the one you should be looking for. Simply, tap on it.
- Under Keyboards, you must select Virtual keyboard. The option may slightly vary from device to device.
- You will get a list of keyboard applications installed on the device. It’s obvious! Samsung Keyboard should be your pick.
- At the bottom of the next window, you can see Reset settings.
Solution 5: Disable Dictionary Provider
Sometimes, you can remove keyboard keeps stopping error by disabling an app called Dictionary Provider. For that, you have to
- Follow Settings>> Apps>> Dictionary provider. In any case, you fail to spot such an app, you retry after ticking Show system apps option.
- On the app preference window, you will get a button to disable the app. Do that!
Many users reported having solved the problem through this method.
Solution 6: Reboot Your Device into Safe Mode
Every Android phone comes with a safe mode option these days. You can use it to troubleshoot the errors. Without having to lose your data, you can find which app is causing the problem.
- Turn off the screen like the way you do it always.
- Instead of turning it back on through the traditional method, you need to simultaneously press and hold Volume Down and Power button for at least five seconds until you see the logo.
- The device will reboot into safe mode. The same issue may persist. Try disabling suspicious applications one by one. You can figure out the villain here.
- Once you spot the app causing the error, you can normally reboot to uninstall the particular one.
Solution 7: Break up with Samsung Keyboard
Samsung Keyboard isn’t the only app of its kind available on the market. So, you can move onto another alternative, probably a better one. The following is a list of best keyboard applications for Android.
- Slash Keyboard
- Go Keyboard
- Cheetah Keyboard
Bonus Solution: Factory Reset for Samsung Keyboard has stopped problem
Do it only if you can’t break up working with Samsung galaxy Keyboard and can afford to lose your data.
- Follow Settings>> General management>> Reset>> Factory data reset.
- Go with Reset device. (On some devices, it is only Reset)
- Tap Delete all.
There you go!
You now have eight working solutions to Samsung Keyboard keeps stopping error at your disposal. As you read in the introduction, start from the first one onwards. We have listed these in sequential order. We hope one of the eight methods will kick the annoying issue away and get your phone working. If it works for you, do share it with your friends. Also, check out 10 ways to Fix Not Registered on Network Error